Sunday, February 26, 2012

When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?

I haven't had a christmas tree since god know when because my old home was an apartment with low ceilings so my thoughts of it were diminished.



Now my family and I moved into a house and since it is pretty close to Christmas time and that all the Christmas decorations were out in the stores, I was wondering when we should put our trees up?When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?i know..i see all the things in the store(not to mention sitting with the marked down halloween stuff) and im dying to put out my decoratons.a couple of days before thanksgiving i put my lights outside (or whatever decorations) but they dont come on til thanksgiving...i usually set aside my thanksgiving evening .i put on some christmas music and put up my tree..do my decorating and drink hot chocalate..and if i feel like it i go ahead and fill out my christmas cards...i take my tree and decorations down jan.2 im really not supersticious but my grandmother always says its bad luck to take it down before than..besides its so pretty and my favorite time of the year so i might as well enjoy!and have a merry blessed christmas!!When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?
day after thanksgiving is a traditionWhen Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?My mom loves Christmas and enjoying the tree lights. We do ours the day after Thanksgiving, or that night if my mom is over-excited. Whatever you do, make it a tradition! We always decorate the tree while watching either Miracle on 34th Street or Muppet's Christmas Carol :) It makes for good memories and warm fuzzies! When my dad was little his parents put up the tree after the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve, so when they came down in the morning the living room was full of presents and decorations... Whatever you decide, make it a tradition that your family will always cherish.When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?
I believe the day after Thanksgiving is correct but heck you can do it any time ya want!! Some people leav 'em up all year long!! Merry c-mas!!When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?Last week, it is the prettest Holiday period, why not enjoy it.
Whenever you would like to. Don't listen to tradition.When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?
Very few people I've seen do so before Thanksgiving. Personally, I like to give each holiday it's own space lol. No Thanksgiving stuff till after Halloween, no Xmas stuff till after Thanksgiving. :) I put up my tree and decorations on the Friday/weekend after Thanksgiving. Since I get the long weekend off of work, it gives me plenty of time to get everything up and clean up all the mess. Plus it keeps me home instead of joining the shopping mob on that insanely crazy shopping day! :)
A few days after thanksgiving.When Should I Get Out the Christmas Tree?
The best time is after Thanksgiving, and the best time to take it down is a day or so after the New Year.
day after thanksgiving is the official answer and i just CANNOT wait...I am so excited, I keep it up until jan 6 or so because i celebrate 3 kings day as well, but i think u are suppose to put it down right after the new year
Everyone is going to tell you to put it up the day after thanksgiving and to tak eit down the day after New years. That is a bunch of BALONEY! My husband thinks I am crazy b/c i have decorated out house for Christmas already (except the tree b/c he refuses to get it out for me yet). I am hoping I can get it out this week sometime! I am pregnant and probably just "nesting"!!! We are having Thanksgiving at our hosue and he says everyone is gonn athink we are crazy since we already have Christmas stuff up!



I say- if it makes you happy to put it up- go for it!



oh~ just in case you don't know- i woudln't get a REAL tree until right before Christmas b/c of fire hazards, but if it artificial- go for it anytime you want! That is why I love being a grown up- I get to do whatever I feel like!
If it is a real tree, I would wait until December first. A fake tree can go up before that, but not until after turkey day!



A fresher tree should mean less needles to clean-up!
OFFICIALLY....

- 3 days after Thanksgiving for artificial trees

- 3 weeks before Christmas (Dec 4th) for live trees



Please keep in mind that by "official" I mean "traditional and customary with authority ranging from 'common law' to outright lynching for violators (depending upon locale)".



HAPPY BIRD-DAY!!!
day after Thanksgiving if its fake , two weeks before if its real.
Tradition says any time after Thanksgiving Day. Your suppose to keep it up till New Years Day and take it down on that day.
The day after Thanksgiving or December 1. Its really up to you
Our family always puts ours up awhile after football and thanksgiving dinner is over, it's a nice way to end the holiday evening trimming the tree. We then put the rest of our decorations up over the next few days. In our family we take ours down New Years Day. But my mother in law takes hers down the day the day before New Years Eve as she wants to start the new year with a blank slate.

Do whatever is best for you and feels right.

Of course a real tree would have a different timeline.
We've always gone with putting it up on December 1st and my hubby reckons it should come down on Jan 1st but I just love Christmas so much I some times put it up early and take it down real late.



The decorations stay in the box for soooo long whats an extra few weeks. One year I left the wall decorations up til MAY!



I guess if you have a fake tree it can stay up as long as you like but with a real tree I imagine (I've never had one) that it would start to die and make a heck of a mess after a certain amount of time so I suppose that once it started doing that it's probably time to take the tree down.



Have a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment