Thursday, February 23, 2012

How long does regular mail take at Christmas?

I am waiting to receive my college transcripts, and I am assuming they were mailed out today, December 21st. My college is in the county over from mine. Will I receive them before Christmas?How long does regular mail take at Christmas?If the transcripts were mailed out today, then yes. That would allow 3 business days (post office operates on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th) for the piece of mail to travel one county over within the same state. That's pretty normal. Depending on how busy USPS is, you may even receive your transcripts on the 23rd.

I send and receive mail to family around the US. From NY to TX, it takes 2-3 days. So I can't imagine it would take longer than that for mail to be delivered in the same state, even with the holiday rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment