Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?

I LOVE Christmas! And I am a religious person! However, my boss (who shares office space with me) is a real scrooge. I brought a small Christmas tree in and he loudly scowled but said I could leave it there. He is a really nice person, just hates Christmas. I want to put a couple things around and have Christmas music, but I don't want to cross the line.

How can I get him to cheer up and not be so "bah, humbug!"??

Or should I just leave it alone?How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?Did you ever think, that something happened at Christmas, Like a mother died or someone else, that usually would do it. So it brings back those memories of a sad or bad time they don't want to remember. Why don't you talk to him about what you want to do. Tell him with his permission you would like to -------------------explain, but don't do too much. Then maybe get him something funny for his desk, Something like a melted snowman,or Santa getting stuck in the chimney. just to bring a smile to his face. If he says no. buy him that gift anyway.How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?
If he hates christmass he probly has a good reson to.....



Ether leave him be or serously talk with him about it if your willing to deal with what ever bothers him.



But odds are he don't whant to talk about it so just leave him alone.How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?get him some read flowers in his office with some candlesHow do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?
He is the boss, leave it alone.How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?Sometimes people may have some bad feelings from their past. We never know a person completely. I would go easy and not push the issue. Of, course, one day soon it may be nice to make some Christmas Sugar Cookies for Coffee Break. If, you get talking a little then you may ask, if he enjoyed Christmas as a child and work from there. Just be Observant as how you approach this. He may eventually tell you why, maybe he lost someone he loved around Christmas, or, just grew up with parents that never cared for Christmas.How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?
Leave it alone. Not everyone is into what you are into.How do I get my boss into the Christmas spirit without crossing the line?
If you share office space, trees, music, etc. should be agreed to beforehand. Maybe he figures he's at the office to work and saves his holiday mood for after hours. If the shoe was on the other foot, he (as the boss) would definitely be out of line trying to get you to participate in something you don't believe in or just don't want to be involved with. Why should you be entitled to special privileges in coercing the boss into something he has no interest in?
  • pf changs menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment